Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 8 – July 13, 2008 – time to go home!


I was wide awake at 5 AM again today! I couldn’t wait to get home. I packed, showered, took my big bag to the hotel front desk for them to ship home UPS, grabbed a muffin to eat and checked the computer again. Now I’m at 255 messages. I have a lot of catching up to do when I get home.

I had the hotel call a taxi for me and went upstairs to get my carry-on stuff. I went downstairs, checked out and called Stacy while I waited for my taxi. We talked til the cab arrived, though I’m not sure I was able to convey anything about the trip to her. I was still in culture shock from being thrust back into the fast-paced world.

Go figure – I get to the airport and the guy tells me my flight to San Francisco is cancelled. MELTDOWN. He said he could get me on a later flight and that I’d arrive in Newark around 3:45 AM. I told him I HAD to get home before midnight. I didn’t care what NYC airport I went to as long as I could get home to my boys. He rearranged my entire flight schedule. I am now on a flight to Denver. Once there, I get on a flight to LaGuardia and am in NY by 10:40 PM.

We flew over Yosemite. I almost cried. Same thing in the airport as I walked by pictures of Yosemite. Why? Because I just looked at it and thought “I DID that. I climbed those mountains for a week.” For the millionth time this week I thought “what the heck did I just do?!”

I am going to work on postcards for a while. I gave the other 6 a souvenir postcard last night at dinner. I am going to mail the others one from home. I can’t wait to get all of the pictures from everyone so I can make a book. I want to make a book for each person on my team. What a great Christmas present. I also want to make one for me that includes some of my journal entries. Good summertime project for me. I just hope everyone follows through on sending the pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment