Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 8 – July 13, 2008 – 10 PM

So it was just not meant for me to see my boys today. My flight had to circle Cleveland for an hour before going on to LaGuardia. Then we circled NYC before we could land. We landed at 9:10 PM. I went straight through the airport to the car. Don was waiting for me – with the boys – who had fallen asleep. Patrick stirred when I got in the car and he blinked at me. He said “Mommy? You’re here?” I almost cried again. I gave him a kiss and said yes, I was here, and go back to sleep. Don ran into the airport to go to the bathroom. I watched someone get arrested after running from the cops. I thought I really am back in the jungle. We finally got on the road home. We got home and the boys both woke up as we carried them in. Both of them wanted me to tuck them in. I gladly did so. Then they were off to dreamland again. I guess I should try to go to bed now. What an ending to this trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment