Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 5 - July 10, 2008 - late evening but not yet 8 PM


So you can tell I don’t have a watch with me. I have no idea what time it is. If it wasn’t for the fact that I wrote down the day number and knew day one was July 6th, I’d have no idea what day it was either!!

I wrote a letter to Don. It took every ounce of strength I had to write it. I came here to make a decision. I accomplished it. I need to take responsibility for my part of the struggles we are having and work to make things better. I cried while writing the letter. It was tough. Probably the hardest thing emotionally on this trip I have done.

**NOTE – I am leaving out a lot of what’s in my handwritten journal here about my letter to Don. It’s too personal. Sorry!

At 8 PM Jeff and Ryan should be around to take the ones ending solo tonight back to camp. They will stop by to check on me. Surprisingly, I am very calm and completely okay with staying here alone. I know part of the reason why is because I am so close to camp. So close I could hear Ryan and Jeff earlier and saw Jeff swimming in the lake. I will be fine. But I do want to talk to them and process things a little. Going so long with no human contact is tough.

There are SO many flies and mosquitoes in the air that there is a loud humming going on. You can also hear fish jumping out of the water and birds whooshing through the air. There are bats starting to fly around. It’s cool to watch the evening events, though I wish the mosquitoes didn’t like me so darn much!

No comments:

Post a Comment