Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 5 - July 10, 2008 - 9 PM or so

Ryan came by to check on me. It was funny because he flashed an okay sign and looked at me. I just looked back at him. We stared at each other for a minute and finally I said “I have a question.” He laughed and came over to talk. We talked about my knee and made a plan to try to get me through the 6 mile hike tomorrow. I asked him if he could get my pen back from Kristi because mine was running out of ink and I wanted to keep writing. I also asked him if he could send Jeff to talk when he got a chance. I told him “no offense – but he’s married – you aren’t – and it’s a married thing.” He laughed and said he’d send Jeff over with my pen and something to elevate my knee for the night.

Jeff came over and we sat on the rocks at the water to talk. I am amazed at how comfortable we are with each other. I’m not usually so trusting, but we really connected. I told him about the letters I wrote – including the one to Don. He gave a lot of good insight and we really processed out the whole thing. I knew he wasn’t going to tell me one way or another or what decision to make. But he did his job and gave me things to think about.

**Note – again, leaving a lot out. My talk with Jeff centered on a lot of what was in the letter to Don. Lots of comments and questions. Again – too personal for the world to view. Sorry! If you want to know more, ask me.

I’m going to bed. Maybe the Advil combined with the hunger and exhaustion will help me sleep. I haven’t wanted to eat today – just not hungry. Yet now that it’s bedtime I’m a little hungry.

Getting dark – time to potty and get in my sleeping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment